Sunday, February 21, 2016

Introduction

Hey.

My name is Hunter Placher and I am from Puxico, MO. I'm a Secondary Social Studies Education major in my second semester of my sophomore year for SEMO. It is an understatement to say that I am not very talkative or social with others. It is a lot easier for me to talk about the game through this blog. This is also the first time I have ever worked on a blog. So please have mercy!

I would like to add a little more about myself. I was inspired to become a teacher from several of my high school teachers as well as many personal reasons. I can speak to a group of people and give a lecture or speech fairly easy. My one-on-one social skills are terrible, but I am trying my best to work on it! Music is also a big part of my life. I marched and played music for my school band. Our band won so many awards and swept many competitions we participated in. I have a habit of always listening to music when I'm walking to my classes or doing my classwork. Death Cab for Cutie is my favorite band!

I would like to say that I have high hopes for this WH305 class. I took this class simply because it was required for my course and I had no idea what was in store for the semester. After learning that I would be playing a Civilization, I was happily surprised. I love strategy games above all other and my favorite video game franchise is the Fire Emblem series. I have watched gameplay of Civilization IV but do not know much about the series as a whole.

After completing the tutorials of Civ. V, I have a good impression of the game. While fairly slow from what I believe, it seems very strategic, historically accurate, and fun. After I put more time into single player, I should be able to give a more detailed analysis of the game. Looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment